Do you find that your dishes are not getting as clean as they once did, or are the noises your dishwasher makes beginning to disrupt your evening television time? Perhaps it is time to start shopping for a new dishwasher. Purchasing an appliance can be a bit overwhelming. After all, a dishwasher is something you will use for many years to come and the money you spend is a big investment. Because of this, it is important that you learn everything you can about the options available to you and make the right decision. When you start shopping for your next dishwasher, keep in mind these tips and you will find one that will serve you well now and in the future.
- Size Matters –Dishwashers do come in different sizes. If you want to avoid serious remodeling it is important to choose a dishwasher that is the same size as your old one.
- Cost – Dishwashers can range in price from around $300 to $1200 or more. Think about how often you use your dishwasher and decide if it is worth spending the extra for a high-end model.
- Energy – An energy efficient model can save you on your electric bill as well as on water use. However, the upfront cost is likely higher. Think about how much you will save each month to determine if it will pay off to purchase an energy efficient model.
- The Features – Do you need or want a model that will remove stuck-on food or that has special baskets for specific types of dishes? Before you start shopping, think about the features that are most important to you.
- Noise – Some dishwashers are made specifically to be quieter than others. If you often entertain or you work at home, you may find it is worth investing in a quiet model.
- Brand – Many different companies make dishwashers. Are you loyal to one brand or are you willing to try something new?
- Read Reviews – There are many great resources for dishwasher reviews. Read the reviews at Consumer Reports, Good Housekeeping and even here on our blog to find out which dishwashers are likely to meet your needs.
Whether you are looking for a simple machine or a high-tech dishwasher with all the bells and whistles, it is important that you do your research. If you have questions or concerns about purchasing a dishwasher, and you’re located in the Hamilton, Barrie or Greater Toronto Area, call or contact us at Appliances Repair Service. We would be happy to answer your questions and help you make the right choice!