Is your oven door locked?
My oven door does not open what to do? How do i fix my locked oven door? Does this question ever bother you too? Have you ever get to the root of this problem and tried to find out permanent solutions to this? We believe, most of us directly contact a technician to help us solve this issue; what if you knew that opening a locked door of a conventional oven isn’t rocket science.
In this article, we at ARS shall cover some of the major basic tips that may help you solve this issue.
How to unlock a locked oven door?
1. Switch off the power button and unplug it from the switch board. You must wait for about 10 minutes after performing this action to reconnect the switch.
2. Set the clock to the current time after performing the first step. You will have to wait for a few seconds until the clock accepts the new settings.
3. Try pulling the locked oven door now and check if you are able to open it.
4. If the above steps don’t seem to help, you will need to perform extra steps to unlock your oven door. Try to put your oven on self-clean mode for a period of at least 20 minutes.
5. Stop the self-cleaning mode, you will need to have some patience for the oven to cool down completely.
6. Once the oven is cooled down, you may now try to pull the locked lever of your oven or simple try opening the oven door.
If the above steps don’t seem to work, it is at this time that you would need to seek a professional for an inspection of your oven. However, following the above steps is important if you wish to save time, effort, and money instead of calling an appliance repair technician.
Top 3 types of oven door lock mechanisms and why your oven door may be locked:
Why do you think your oven door could be locked? Let us try to find out the three major reasons than can help you troubleshoot your locked oven door problem.
All the self-cleaning ovens come with different types of door lock components.
1. Solenoid system:
Your oven door may be locked because the Solenoid system could be controlling it. You may need to keep it in the proper position or else it will give you a buzzing noise when locking.
2. Heat sensitive locking control:
In these types of over doors, the locking system comes with a coiled spring to lock and unlock. Upon heating, the oven warms up more than usual and locks the door giving further troubles.
3. Motorized design:
When the oven is in the self-cleaning mode, this type of mechanism locks by itself automatically. Generally, it doesn’t have a locking or unlocking lever or handle.
- It is understandable if you have been using the oven for a long time, that you may have misplaced the owner’s manual. Do not panic, it is always wise to check your model number online. The model number is also mentioned on the oven’s inner door.
- Understand the model number and download the troubleshooting guide for that respective oven model. Every model’s troubleshooting may differ as per the locking mechanism used.
- Find out the reasons why your model number has the issues with the door lock.
- Check for faulty parts such as: the main board, switch, locking mechanism, handle, cables or any other mechanical issue with your oven. Even a small bent or damaged area may sometimes cause the oven door to lock.
- Try pressing the clear and reset button to unlock your oven. For every cleaning cycle, you must wait a minute or two to settle the oven. Cooling down the oven is the most essential thing you must follow or else the oven will further create other issues on any work mode also.
If you still are facing problem with the oven, contact us, and we will offer immediate and affordable solutions.