Dishwashers play a vital role in day to day home chores. You cannot imagine your sink or kitchen in a messy manner especially after a long day return. As long as your dishwasher is running normal, everything looks great. Most of the manufacturing companies and repairing centres will advise you to use dishwater detergent instead of a tablet. It is because tablets or cakes take longer time to dissolve.
Suddenly, if your dishwater detergent has stopped dissolving as expected, then you would need to check few things to ensure if you are following the right steps. In the haste of washing the dishes sooner, we may often neglect the basics of using the dishwater properly. This quick guide by ARS will come handy for you under such scenarios.
What to Do When Your Dishwasher Detergent Won’t Dissolve?
1. One of the first things to check under this situation is the dishwater’s hot water temperature. As per the general instructions, the hot water temperature of a dishwasher must be under 43°C-46°C (110°F-115°F). The water must be hot enough before you start the dish washing. It is during cold water or improper temperature the dishwasher may not dissolve within the time frame.
2. The second thing you need to do is to check if the spring opening feature is working fine where you pour the detergent. Clogging may not help dissolve the detergent or tablet properly. Choose a good quality detergent always which dissolves faster.
3. Let’s discuss a few solutions when your dishwasher has failed to dissolve the detergent. Check the latch to ensure if it is not broken. A broken latch may be preventing the liquid to enter properly from the dispenser. Clean it properly so that the flow of the detergent is smooth.
4. Always keep your dispenser dry while pouring the dishwasher detergent. Also check if the flow of water is proper when you begin. There are possibilities that insufficient water may be pouring into the dishwasher.
5. Another solution to the problem is to try adding some portions of vinegar to the dishwasher detergent. Adding vinegar to the dishes also helps in letting the utensils sparkle. There are other possibilities why your detergent isn’t dissolving. Check the expiry date of your product. When the product becomes old, it becomes thick and stubborn to dissolve. Also check the common dishwasher problems and repairs.
6. Check the rotating areas of your dishwasher. There are possibilities that you may have forgotten to clean the cycle after previous wash. Thus, this may have jammed the pores with the new liquid added. You may need to be also careful on the loading pattern of the detergent. Do not stuff it all at once in a manner that will result in blockage of soap dispenser.
7. As mentioned earlier, check for any rusted springs of the holder. Most people also use dishwasher pellets as it dissolves faster and washes the glasses beautifully. Keep a paper clip handy always. It helps to clean the clogged pores and remove the hardened detergent too pretty easily.
You must run some hot water before putting in the dishes. This will help the detergent to settle and mix with water properly. Always remember to dry the compartment well before filling it with a detergent. The detergent that you choose should be a branded one and must have enough moisture to dissolve quickly.
Check all the parts of your dishwasher that may possibly clog the areas. Remove the removable parts and clean those well; your dishwasher would work just fine as before.
You also might want to read tips on keeping the dishwasher up and running. These are some of the basic yet expert advice that will come handy for you. If there is nothing wrong that you see in your dishwasher, then you may need to seek support from a professional for the inspection. Give us a call or contact us online and we will be happy to help you.