Commercial dishwashers are high-ticket items and needs to be properly taken care of. If you get a decent one created utterly of chrome steel and you invest time in taking care of it, you may be lucky enough to be exploiting constantly the same for twenty years or more down the lane. However, too many home owners commit the mistake of shopping for an advertised dishwasher, putting it in the room of their terribly busy eating place and thus ignoring any maintenance work that needs to be followed to take care of the unit in the best possible manner.
1. Run the recent water before switching it on: Before loading your dishes in your dishwasher, run the recent water in your sink till it’s hot enough to do the task. Even heated, the initial water in the pipes is cold and not hot enough as recommended in the manuals. You need to run this water first so that the cold water is out of the pipes and the hot water starts pouring in.
2. Run empty load with Vinegar: To get rid of the dishwashers pungent smell you should load the washer with the mix of vinegar and water and run the dishwasher for a while in a standard cycle so that it can clean the previous food particles that stay in your dishwasher and make it smelly in the due course of time.
3. Separate the Delicate from the Durables: It is highly recommended not to wash the delicate glass utensils or glasses in the dishwasher as not only it increases the risk of breaking them but also damaging your dishwasher as the broken pieces might get stuck in your dishwashers components. It is always advisable to clean the delicate glassware with hands and thus avoiding any breakage or damage to your dishwasher.
4. Don’t Put in too many Utensils altogether: Never overcrowd, this is something easier said than done. It always seems to be a good idea to put all the utensils at once but it never is. Too many utensils at once cannot be cleaned properly and it will also put extra burden on the dishwasher to do the cleaning.
5. Checking your Seals: After a few months of use, the seals in the door as well as the soap door accumulate dirt and starts sticking to the rubber gas kit. Make sure you clean it with the damp cloth regularly so that the seals are up and running and do not get damaged in the due course of time.
6. Garbage Disposal before Washing: Always make sure that you do the garbage disposal after eating and before putting the utensils in the dishwasher. Your dishwasher has drainage function which may get cloaked and hamper the cleaning process and may damage your dishwasher in the long run.
7. Load the dishwasher properly: Always make it a habit that you stack the items inwards and facing downwards before you start the cycle, also make sure that the arms spin freely before you run the dishwasher.
The above mentioned points can go a long way in keeping your dishwasher in good shape and working condition for the times to come.